Sunday, September 15, 2013

Art(ist) Revitalized

Art has been a life-long mistress in my life.  Whether I was sketching in a book or on a random sheet of paper; painting on a canvas, or completely engaged in a larger more developed piece, Art has always been a part of me.  When I started this blog, I did so with the intention of sharing parts of that relationship.  Just like a relationship, I have learned that this blog can’t be rigidly scheduled and structured to suit my needs. If I am indeed going to be in a relationship with art, it must be a two-way relationship.  I need to listen to my inner voice, pay attention to it, spend time with it and love it.  That is where I have been these last two years… in a relationship that is now ready to be shared.
What you will see on this blog is two years’ worth of drawing, paintings, design projects, birthday cards, etc… You will see ME… revitalized. You will see my current and future projects: graffiti pieces, drawings, watercolors, home décor projects and collages; I love collages. I haven’t posted in a  while, but I have never left. I have been extremely busy and connected as I learned to better understand what Art means to me.  Now, I am truly ready and looking forward to embracing the challenge of communicating externally, what has always been a strong part of me internally.


I don’t know what this page will become and that is very scary for me.  However, I am excited by the many conversations to come, friendships that will be ignited, and adventures to be had.  Art has been a life long friend that has always resided in either my head or my heart; now I bravely step out and share it with everyone around me.  I hope to bring you all along on my personal journey, no matter where it leads.

You can also follow my journey on Twitter and Instagram at: ThetalentedmrD

No comments:

Post a Comment