Sunday, March 18, 2012

Art In Its Many Phases

Like many artists, there are times when I am extremely overjoyed with my work, and other times when I know in my heart that something simply did not work.  Such was the case with this painting. 

Originally I wanted to create a clean graphic (silhouette) image of a pair of headphones.  I thought a painting would produce the results I was looking for; however, me being quite rusty at painting, produced this less than desirable result.  While this attempt came out okay, it wasn’t quite what I was looking for. 


What is a man to do?

 

Well, I repainted the canvas several times, ending up with this image.  This is much closer to the original idea, and has a lot of the elements that inspired me during my recent trip to San Francisco. 





It’s great to now have something I truly enjoy. I learned that ideas take many forms, and that they take time to correctly communicate.  Here’s to more great art work, and many more mistakes. J

No comments:

Post a Comment