Sunday, February 26, 2012

I Left My Heart in....

San Francisco…. What a city?  My recent visit to San Francisco left me completely inspired. In a city where creativity is not only embraced, but practically oozing from every surface, Art is “Alive” and constantly evolving in the world; it was great to see this in action. I return home saddened by knowing I have to leave, but inspired by knowing just how alive and breathing a city can be.

I return home with a stronger connection to my roots as a street artist, a few pieces of work, and a strong desire to recreate the “living walls” of San Francisco in my home. So what am I going to do? 1st and foremost I am going to hang art.  Whether you live in an apartment, house, or room, decorate your walls.  Walls should tell a story… your story, and since you’re alive and ever-changing so too should walls.  It’s not necessary to find the perfect piece for a spot before decorating, so if you’re paralyzed (like me) by choices, your 1st assignment is to hang something.

Here are a few tips:

Hang something that means a lot to you in a place that is prominent for you and/or any guests.
-This is a print my wife and I fell in love with; it means a lot to us so we hung it in our living room where we will likely see it every day, and will have the opportunity to share it with our guests.








Hang something interesting in an interesting spot.
-Here is a 3-D print I bought from a Gallery in San Francisco by Adreina Davila.  It proudly hangs in our bathroom where it will no doubt catch the eyes of our visitors. 








Feel free to share your inspiring pictures with me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment